As Stranger Things has proven, everyone loves the 1980s, even those who weren’t alive to see it – the music, the movies and especially the toys. With many of the 1980s’ top action figure lines alive and well in their modern iterations (and even some retro-styled ones), demand for the originals has not wavered, and a current auction has dozens of old-school action figures on the block for a good amount of cash.
The top bid in Hake’s Auctions’ current offerings goes to a Transformers Optimus Prime from 1984’s Series 1, in-box, AFA-graded 80. It currently has a bid of $6,050, and is expected to go for north of $10,000.
Other 1980s toys going for big bucks:
- G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero Destro, from 1983, AFA-graded 85 – $3,850
- G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero Snake Eyes (straight arm, Cobra Commander offer), from 1982, AFA-graded 80 – $3,300
- Transformers Series 1 Starscream, from 1984, AFA-graded 80 – $2,750
- Transformers Series 1 Megatron, from 1984, AFA-graded 80 – $2,500
- Transformers Series 1 Sunstreaker, from 1984, AFA-graded 85 – $1,771
- DC Super Powers Cyborg, from 1986, AFA-graded 85 – $1,650
- ThunderCats Lion-O (red hair, 14-back card), from 1986, AFA-graded 80 – $1,210
- Masters of the Universe Man-At-Arms, from 1982, AFA-graded 80 – $1,100
- DC Super Powers Superman (first-shot figure), from 1984, AFA-graded 80 – $1,100
- G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero B.A.T., from 1986, AFA-graded 90 – $1,000
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Raphael , from 1988, AFA-graded 80 – $655
There are also a ton more Transformers and G.I. Joe figures up for auction, as well as Indiana Jones, Inhumanoids, MASK, Battle Beasts and more! Place your bid at Hakes.com!
By: Daniel Pickett
Title: The 1980s are Alive and Well in the Newest Hake’s Toy Auction
Sourced From: www.actionfigureinsider.com/the-1980s-are-alive-and-well-in-the-newest-hakes-toy-auction/
Published Date: Mon, 14 Nov 2022 20:05:23 +0000
Did you miss our previous article…